Our mission is to facilitate the growth and development of University of Mississippi students as dynamic writers and thinkers by providing collaborative, student centered services and spaces.
Our highly trained peer consultants work alongside UM students on projects in all disciplines at any stage of the composition process through free one on one consultations, group workshops, and other writing focused resources. Our services are offered face to face and in online platforms through our multiple campus locations. We work to help students cultivate strategies to become independent, effective, and confident writers.
In pursuing our mission, we are guided by our commitment to:
- providing a space for critical inquiry and intellectual creativity outside of the classroom
- advocating for diversity and inclusiveness in our centers and on campus
- fostering individual and academic integrity
- advancing digital literacies and supporting multiple genres of writing
- partnering with faculty to promote excellence in student writing and composition
Department of Writing and Rhetoric
The University of Mississippi Writing Center community is a division of the Department of Writing and Rhetoric. Learn more about our other programs like the B.A. in Rhetoric, Digital Media Studies Minor, and Professional Writing Minor by visiting our website.